In the Bachelor programme the following compensation rules are in place:
A student may pass the final exam with a 4.5 or higher for one examination part of the course year B1, provided that all components of course year B1 were passed, with the exception of the component with the 4.5 or higher, and this insufficient grade is compensated for by at least one rounded 7 or higher for another component of B1.
B2 or B3 course
In addition, a student may pass the final exam with compensation of one failed course under the following conditions:
- it concerns a course of the year B2 or B3 with the exception of:
- regarding old style programme as referred to in Article 2.3b TER: trimester 7 courses with a value more than 7,5 EC and the Research Training/Bachelor Thesis, or
- regarding new style programme as referred to in Article 2.3a TER: B3 courses with a value more than 7,5 EC (such as minor, Internship, Exchange, etc) and the Bachelor Project (7 EC), and
- the grade of the failed course is between 4.5 – 5.5, and
- the grade point average, mentioned in article 6.3 paragraph 1 Rules & Guidelines, is at least 7.0 (including the grade for the to-be compensated course).
The B1 compensation rule will automatically be processed in Osiris.
The B2/3 compensation rule will only be applied by the Examination Board upon student’s request Please submit your request via the Online Request Form. Your GPA will be calculated by the Student Administration, Department Study Progress and Diploma, whereafter the Examination Board will send you the final decision.
Please note, compensation requests for B2/3 will only be processed when all grades of B2/3 (including retakes) have been registered in Osiris.