In the Bachelor programme the following compensation rules are in place:
A student may pass the final exam with a 4.5 or higher for one examination part of the course year B1, provided that all components of course year B1 were passed, with the exception of the component with the 4.5 or higher, and this insufficient grade is compensated for by at least one rounded 7 or higher for another component of B1.
The B1 compensation rule will automatically be processed in Osiris.
B2 or B3 course
In addition, a student may pass the final exam with compensation of one failed course under the following conditions:
- it concerns a course of the year B2 or B3 with the exception of:
- regarding old style programme as referred to in Article 2.3b TER: trimester 7 courses with a value more than 7,5 EC and the Research Training/Bachelor Thesis, or
- regarding new style programme as referred to in Article 2.3a TER: B3 courses with a value more than 7,5 EC (such as minor, Internship, Exchange, etc), the course Advanced Research Methods (3 EC) and the Bachelor Project (7 EC), and
- the grade of the failed course is between 4.5 – 5.5, and
- the grade point average, mentioned in article 6.3 paragraph 1 Rules & Guidelines, is at least 7.0 (including the grade for the to-be compensated course).
You can submit your request for compensation of a B2 or B3 course after you have obtained all B2 and B3 courses (except for the one course that you want to compensate) AND after all your results have been registered in Osiris, including the resits. There’s no point in submitting your request earlier, because then we cannot review and process your request.
You can submit your request for compensation as of Thursday 15th June 2023 via Osiris Case in Osiris Student. The deadline for submitting your request is Monday 14th August 2023 23.59h. Your GPA will be calculated by the Student Administration, Department Study Progress and Diploma, whereafter the Examination Board will send you the final decision.