When searching for an internship, it is important to be aware of the requirements imposed on you as well as the internship position.
You can only start an internship if you have completed the first year of your BSc programme (60 EC). This means that any resits needs to be passed before the start of the internship.
It is possible to search for and register an internship before completing your first year. But please know you are not allowed to start the internship yet.
The internship position needs to meet the following criteria:
- the internship lasts approx. 14 weeks and is fulltime
- a clear job description is provided, outlining tasks and responsibilities sufficiently challenging for a Bachelor 3 student;
- a company coach is present who will offer you guidance and regular feedback;
- the organization has at least 10fte. This is the absolute minimum. You are strongly encouraged to seek out an internship position at a medium- or large sized organization;
- you are not the owner or manager of the organization or business unit;
- you do not have a familial relationship with the owner or manager of the organization or business unit;
- you do not have more than two months (fulltime or parttime) prior work experience at the organization or business unit.
- you are strongly encouraged (but not expected) to search for an internship position in an international context.