Our goal is to connect RSM alumni to current students who are experiencing challenges due to an impairment, through mentoring.
Information for RSM alumni
Are you a professional who has been studying a/o working with a functional impairment? Would you like to support current RSM students with an impairment in their transition from college/study life to the work field?
We are looking for former RSM students who have experienced entering the labour market with an impairment or support need, f.e. ADHD, dyslexia, ASS or a physical or mental impairment.
We want to connect RSM alumni to current students who are experiencing challenges due to an impairment, through mentoring. We aim to establish a connection which will help current students and recent graduates to prepare for their future.
If you identify as an alum/na with a functional impairment and you like to help our students by becoming a mentor in the Support Needs Mentoring Program, you:
- Give the next generation students with an impairment the advice on entering the work field you wish you’d had
- Help current students with an impairment to turn constraints into strengths
- Gain access to fresh ideas, fresh thinking and a fresh pool of potential future internship and job applicants with certain strengths related to personal challenges
- Help bridge the gap between future employees with and without impairment (inclusivity)
- Strengthen your interpersonal relationship and coaching skills
- Make a difference on individual level and act as a force for positive change
The student advisers and Alumni Office of RSM organize a Support Needs Mentoring Program which allows students to get in touch with former RSM students/alumni with a support need. During a mentoring-network event (to be scheduled early April ’23), topics with regard to approaching the labour market with an impairment can be discussed.
After the network event we aim to match students with an RSM-alumnus (“mentor”) with which they can stay in touch about their transition to the labour market and related inquiries about this topic.
Please join us in supporting current RSM students with an impairment or support need by contributing the mentoring-network event. You can express your interest with a short email to Bruno Hasa, Alumni Relations Manager (email@example.com).
Information for current RSM students
More information will follow.